« Home | Aftermath » | Roundtable with David Pepper » | Schmidt wins by 3500 votes (less than 4%) » | Paul Hackett might just do the impossible » | Schmidt Press Release Backfires » | Schmidt's final attempt to discredit Hackett fails » | August 2nd - GOTV for Hackett » | City OK's blatant misuse of taxpayer money » | Sad day for Downtown Cincinnati » | Mayoral and City Council Candidates »

Warner joins Spencer

Among all of the media attention City Council Candidate Nick Spencer has gotten in the past few days (here and here), local media have so far failed to mention a major development in the Spencer campaign. Andrew Warner has recently decided to drop out of the Cincinnati City Council race in order to be Nick Spencer's Field Director. Warner's Blog explains
After having this period of reflection I have come to the determination that I am no longer to continue my run for a seat on council. I have determined that there are better ways to help the city of Cincinnati than to run this campaign in 2005. The city is in a sensitive state right now and sometimes a sacrifice such as this is better for everyone in the end.

In lieu of running my own campaign, I have decided to join in the effort to elect Nick Spencer. I have on many occasions had the chance to sit and talk with Mr. Spencer and feel that he most represents what I am trying to accomplish. We share similar stances on many important issues that I was attempting to address with my campaign. These include:

Instant Run-Off Voting
Publicly Funded Elections
Nurturing the growth of small businesses
Helping Cincinnati’s Environments with ideas such as Hybrid Engines in Metro buses
Advancing the rights of the homosexual community

Although I was initially disappointed to see Warner drop out of the race, I am glad to know that he has found a way to be involved that he is happy with. I caught up with Andrew Warner today and was able to ask him how he views his contribution to the Spencer campaign. Warner responded by saying
"Nick has the great ideas. I am just hoping to bring some new contacts and new energy to his team. Hopefully I can help reach out to college students and young people to take an interest in his campaign. "

I also hope that they are able to reach out to college students and young people. Given the fact that Spencer is 27 and Warner is 21, they have a great opportunity to tap into a typically ignored segment of Cincinnati's voting population (the 18-28 year old crowd.) It is refreshing to see young Cincinnatians taking the initiative to participate in local politics. I'll have details on the developments of this campaign as they become available.

You just beat me to the punch... been meaning to write on this since yesterday. But I've got some additional details you might want to check out:

Did Andrew Warner Flee to the Dark Side?

Also, the second link in your article links to the same article in which it appears. Did you mean to link somewhere else?

Thanks Jason. I had a - instead of a = in the code so instead of linking to Nate's article it came straight back here. I'm going to read your take now.

Post a Comment